Jason Craig, Mayo Clinic Health System
Jenn Kane, CCFBank
Margo Keys, Chippewa Valley Technical College
Dale Poynter, SDS Architects
Idriz Sabani, Altoona Family Restaurant
Lynn Thompson, Eau Claire Energy Cooperative
Jason Vance, Ken Vance Motors
Approved all Chamber member financial institutions as depositories for April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017.
The Chamber is still looking for a tenant for our office space.
Board members selected which committee/task force that they would serve as the liaison.
Board and staff members signed a Code of Conduct form.
Chamber President, Bob McCoy, executed his option to extend his employment for 2017, expiring on December 31, 2017.
Federal Overtime legislation: This would raise the salary threshold under which employees would have to be paid overtime for hours worked beyond 40 per week from the current annual level of $23,660 to $50,440. Such a dramatic increase will force employers to decide whether to reclassify millions of employees to non-exempt status (pay by the hour), or increase their salaries to keep them exempt, which could be cause for employee reductions. The Chamber has signed on to a letter with thousands of Chambers, and the US Chamber to support a bill that would prevent the regulation from taking effect.
The Chamber has hired Chelsea Erickson as the new Graphic Designer/Staff Assistant, effective May 16, 2016. She will replace Abby Filcher, who is moving to the Twin Cities area. We welcome Chelsea and wish Abby the best in Minnesota.
Discussed the cuts to the UWEC system and what effect it could have for the future. The Chamber will schedule a forum for Chamber members to hear from Chancellor Jim Schmidt about the impact and what he is hoping the business community can do to assist with encouraging the Legislators to not make further cuts. More details will be in The Update once a date/location are set.
- The Annual Meeting is sold out at 680 with a waiting list.
- 30 new members were added from the Membership Drive
- The Economic Outlook luncheon will be on November 9th with the new president of the Minneapolis Federal Reserve, Neel Kashkari. This will be right after the election so it should be very interesting.
- Eau Claire was ranked, by Consumer Affairs, and Eau Claire is ranked #2 in Wisconsin for lowest DUI related deaths.
- 335 attended the March BAH at the Lismore
- 147 attended the HR Conference
- 43 are signed up for China and 22 for Peru
- 270 attended April BAH at the Lazy Monk
- 340 students attended the Real Life Academy
- 62 attended the Simulcast
- 34 attended the wellness seminar
- 108 attended Eggs & Issues, State of Altoona
- We have 60 applications for Youth Leadership Eau Claire for 36 spots