The Blugold Real Estate Foundation, a supporting organization of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation Inc., has entered into an agreement with developer John Mogensen, Lisa Aspenson and Michelle Mogensen to purchase the apartments being constructed at 222 Water Street, directly across from the Human Sciences and Services (HSS) building on the UW-Eau Claire campus. Once the purchase is final, Blugold Real Estate intends to rent the apartments to UW-Eau Claire students. The building is designed to house 201 occupants. Blugold Real Estate’s purchase agreement is for all apartments and associated underground parking in the building being constructed. The first-floor retail space would be owned by developer John Mogensen's group.
Prevea Health now offers integrative medicine and physiatry services in the Chippewa Valley, to help patients with neuromusculoskeletal diseases, conditions, disorders or injuries that cause pain and/or difficulty functioning. Integrative medicine and physiatry blends mainstream medicine with alternative medicine to provide a more holistic approach to healing that includes prevention, diagnosis, non-surgical treatment and rehabilitation. The goal is to understand and treat the whole patient to achieve the overall health of mind, body and spirit. Prevea Integrative Medicine & Physiatry services are provided by Dr. Lora Thaxton at the Centers for Rehabilitation Services. Thaxton is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Pain Medicine.
The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation recently hosted its second annual Golden Apple Awards. The evening celebrated one Golden Apple Award honoree from each of the 20 schools in the Eau Claire Area School District, selected by nomination of their peers. Each honoree will receive a $500 grant to use in their schools/classrooms, and each school will also receive a $500 grant to their Fund For Today, sponsored by generous businesses in the Chippewa Valley.
- Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School – Jeremy Harrison, Kindergarten-sixth grade teacher
- DeLong Middle School – Sarah Binder, special education teacher
- Flynn Elementary School – JoAnn Waldhart Adams, third grade teacher
- Lakeshore Elementary School – Melinda Wright, physical education teacher
- Locust Lane Elementary School – Mike Peplinski, fourth grade teacher
- Longfellow Elementary School – Tom Dahl, physical education teacher
- Manz Elementary School – Becky Linderholm, English learning teacher
- Meadowview Elementary School – Katie Engel, school psychologist
- Memorial High School – Erin Layde, biology and life science teacher
- McKinley Charter School – Megan McCrackin, competency component teacher
- North High School – Renee Morehead, family/consumer education teacher
- Northstar Middle School – Michelle Olson, sixth grade and English learning teacher
- Northwoods Elementary School – Cheryl Moss, special education assistant
- Prairie Ridge Early Learning Center – Melinda Daubitz, Headstart assistant
- Putnam Heights Elementary School – Dayna Smith, school secretary
- Robbins Elementary School – Heather Kapanke, guidance counselor
- Roosevelt Elementary School – Jason Wendtland, fourth grade teacher
- Sam Davey Elementary School – Mary Uelmen, special education assistant
- Sherman Elementary School – Tim McManus, second grade teacher
- South Middle School – Scott Faris, science teacher