Marieke Penterman and her team at Marieke Gouda earned six international awards in 2015, making more than 115 the total number of national and international awards Marieke Gouda has won since 2006. Marieke Gouda's international awards for 2015 include:
- 2015 Nantwich International Cheese Awards Results, UK:
- Best USA Cheese--Soft/Semi-Soft: 1st place--Marieke Gouda Premium (Aged 12-18 months); 3rd Place--Marieke Gouda Belegen (Aged 4-6 months)
- Best USA Cheese--Any Cheese with Additives: 1st Place--Marieke Gouda Truffle
- Vegetarian Cheese--Other Hard Pressed Variety/Non UK Producers: 2nd Place--Marieke Golden
- 2015 World Cheese Awards, Results, UK: Gouda made before 1/12/14: 3rd Place--Marieke Gouda Premium (Aged 12-18 months)
- 2015 World Dairy Expo Results, Madison, WI: Open Class Semi-Soft Cheese: 2nd Place--Marieke Gouda Belegen
Marco, Inc. recently announced the promotion of Kevin Schmidt to sales director. Schmidt has been with Marco for nine years. Early in his career, he sold copiers in the Twin Cities office and worked on Marco’s major accounts team. In 2011, Schmidt moved to the Wisconsin area to help expand Marco’s geographic footprint in the area. Since then, Marco has grown from a staff of one to more than 65 employees in Wisconsin and has grown to approximately $14 million in Wisconsin alone. Schmidt’s responsibilities include managing Marco’s five offices in Wisconsin - Wausau, Appleton, Eau Claire, La Crosse and Madison. In addition to helping Marco’s IT and print technology advisors develop their sales careers, Schmidt also works closely with Marco’s service team and is responsible for providing the best technology solutions for its customers. Marco has hired five additional sales reps in Wisconsin to support its continued growth.