Businesses and organizations reap many benefits from a membership in the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce. They include:
Support of Business
Member businesses are supported through numerous committees, programs and products. At the Business Expo, members have an opportunity to expand their market through a display of their products and services. Breakfast in the Valley is hosted by the Chamber to recognize the vital role of agriculture in the local economy and promote positive relations between business and the agriculture community. Members are provided useful information through many of the Chamber publications such as Community Profile & Business Directory and the Eau Claire city map. The Chamber handles thousands of phone calls every year and refers Chamber members to promote member businesses.
Marketing & Advertising
Chamber membership makes marketing to Chippewa Valley businesses incredibly easy and cost effective. Some of the marketing opportunities are:
- The Update e-newsletter – Ad placement reaching more than 2,300 business people
- Relocation packet – Insert advertising reaching nearly 600 potential new
residents each year.
- Community Profile & Business Directory – Ads within annual publication distributed with a circulation of 4,000
- Chamber website – Advertising available
The Chamber even provides its member marketing opportunities at no charge.
- Members receive a free link to their website from the Chamber site.
- Ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings are organized for our members to promote their expansions.
- Information from member news releases are posted on the Chamber's Small Street Journal that appears in The Update.
- Members are highlighted in the Member Spotlight that appears in The Update.
The Eau Claire Chamber serves as the voice of the business community on many issues impacting its members. Communication with legislators takes place through Chamber-sponsored legislative dialogues, Eggs & Issues breakfasts and State of the City and County presentations. In collaboration with Chippewa Valley Chamber Alliance the Eau Claire Chamber helps in the planning and organizing of the annual Chippewa Valley Rally in Madison where issues and concerns are presented and shared with state legislators. The Chamber also communicates to members the impact of legislation on the business community and develops position statements on specific issues with the Eau Claire Chamber Board.
One of the things the Eau Claire Chamber does the best is to facilitate the networking of its members. Events are created to fit all our members needs. They range in size, duration, time period and theme, but the end result is the same - our members get to make those important connections that can help them in their business or career. They include: Business After Hours, Business Connection, LEADS Groups, Your Chamber Orientations, Holiday Open House, Annual Meeting and Business Salutes Eau Claire.
The Chamber offers a variety of educational opportunities. Seminars cover a variety of topics that are of interest to area business people. Leadership Eau Claire, which began in 1981, provides leadership skill-building activities with community education. Workforce issues are examined and studied through conducting and supporting job fairs and wage surveys.