In 2010, the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce launched a Green Sustainable Initiative for Chamber member businesses to be identified, by the Chamber, as a Green Business.
The areas of selection include: 1) Energy Conservation 2) Purchasing 3) Recycling 4) Transportation 5) Social Capital 6) Waste Prevention 7) Water Conservation.
Businesses must earn at least 40 points in five categories, if they employee 50 or fewer employees and 60 points in all seven categories if they employee more than 50 employees. The selection is done by a panel of six Chamber member representatives based on an application submitted by the businesses. The Green Business Initiative Committee meets monthly to review future applications that are submitted to the Chamber.
The goals of the program include:
- To market our members who are proactively engaging in green business practices and operations.
- To serve as an environmental public policy conduit between business and other interested organizations.
- To increase awareness of the economic growth opportunities related to the emerging green economy.
- To connect existing green-focused organizations with other businesses to promote best practices with sustainable business models.
The benefits to the business are: 1) Businesses will be recognized as committed to a greener Eau Claire area through their business operations. 2) They will have access to the ECACC Green Business logo for print and electronic use. 3) Green Business members will receive recognition on www.eauclairechamber.org. 4) There will be Eau Claire Chamber Green Business window cling/signage for members’ businesses.
The membership minimum requirements include:
- All applicants must be current members of the Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce.
- All applicants must complete the application and submit to the Selection Committee for qualification.
- Business members representing 51 or more employees must meet at least one “green practice” in each of the seven categories (Energy Conservation, Purchasing, Recycling, Social Capital, Transportation, Waste Prevention and Water Conservation) with a minimum total of 60 points.
- Business members representing 50 or fewer employees must meet at least one “green practice” in 5 of the seven categories (Energy Conservation, Purchasing, Recycling, Social Capital, Transportation, Waste Prevention and Water Conservation) with a minimum total of 40 points.
Effective in June 2013, there is no cost to a member to receive this designation. This program is made possible by the following sponsors:
If your business or organization is a member of the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce and are interested in obtaining this designation, please complete the application form and return it to the Chamber.
If your business has already received the Green Business Designation, please complete a renewal form.
Green Business Recipients
Please download a list of all current "Green Business" recipients.