Amid the din of the nation's health policy debate, one trend seems clear: More employers are adopting corporate programs to assess healthiness, promote wellness and ultimately reduce the cost of medical insurance.
A well designed worksite wellness program can help reduce health care costs and help employees be more productive. That is why the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce has put together a worksite wellness initiative that uses best practices to help your employees and your business manage healthcare before it manages you! The goals of the initiative are:
- To promote the benefits of having a well workforce including: reduced healthcare costs, greater workforce productivity, decreased absenteeism, reduced stress levels, improved employee health, increased morale, etc.
- To recognize employers in the Eau Claire area who promote wellness and implement wellness best practices in the workplace.
How does it work?
After meeting the eight criteria, your business will be recognized as a business committed to wellness and the health of its employees! It is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Review the eight criteria of the Worksite Wellness Program. And determine if
you are eligible for the Bronze, Silver or Gold level.
- Design a plan that fits your employee’s needs using the resource list provided by the Chamber as a guide for your program.
- After designing your Worksite Wellness Program, submit the proper application with your program’s information to the Chamber's Health & Wellness Committee for review!
What are the benefits?
Beyond the obvious health benefits your business and employees will receive, the Chamber would also like to recognize your business for its commitment to wellness by providing:
- A Healthy Business logo on your Chamber website business directory listing.
- A press release recognizing yours and other organization’s accomplishment.
- Recognition in the Chamber’s newsletter and email communication.
- A certificate of achievement for your business.
This program is made possible by our wonderful sponsors who are all PASSIONATE about wellness and can be a great resource to your wellness program:
Wellness Initiative Documents
(NOTE: view the wellness criteria first to determine which application to download and then use the resource list to help design a wellness plan):
Please view a list of the Worksite Wellness Award Recipients!