The Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce through its Governmental Affairs Committee is committed to being a proactive voice for the business community. It is the Chamber’s goal to keep its members informed on issues that affect them and to facilitate communication between the business community and all levels of government.
The Eau Clarie Chamber has been instrumental in the passage of various ordinances and legislation that have made a positive impact on the community. Some of these include:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College referendum
- Eau Claire Area School District's referendum
- Hwy 53 Bypass
- North Crossing
- Computer tax exemption on business computers
- Working with City Council to keep the storm water utility fees reduced
- Working with Eau Claire County to assure that 75% of the one half percent sales tax increase would be allocated to property tax relief each year
- Downtown Revitalization Project
Eau Claire Chamber Voice
With members’ assistance, the Eau Claire Chamber can make a difference. We are excited to add a new tool for our members to make it easier to act on issues at the local, state and national levels of government! Please check out the website www.eauclairechambervoice.com and contact legislators on issues important to the business community. If you have any questions regarding the Chamber’s role in governmental affairs, please contact Brett Geboy, Governmenal Affairs and Workforce Director.
Please refer to the Calendar of Events for a list of events pertaining to public affairs.