For employers who self-fund their health benefits, The Alliance represents network savings and access, solved.
The Alliance is a not-for profit cooperative of more than 240 organizations who self-fund their health plan through our extensive network of providers in Wisconsin, northern Illinois and eastern Iowa. Member organizations range in size from 60 to 8,700 employees, with an average of about 400 employees.
The Alliance was founded in 1990 by seven Madison-area employers looking for solutions to their rising health care costs. Together, they created a cooperative that continues to take aim at the health benefit issues dragging down the bottom line.
Today, members save an average of 39 percent and buy $780 million in health care in a 12-month period.
The Alliance network is a flexible platform that allows employers to innovate and customize based on their priorities and needs. Our approach varies by region because each community is unique.
Within the Chippewa Valley we have more than 75 health systems to offer organizations in that area for their health care benefit needs. The Alliance network includes:
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital
- Marshfield Clinic
- HSHS St Joseph’s Hospital
- Prevea Health‘s Western Division
- OakLeaf Surgical Hospital
- And many more.
The Alliance also offers employers:
- Educational Events: Training and insights to create better health benefits and better health for your employees.
- Bundled Pricing & Steerage: Opportunities to steer employees to high-quality care for surgeries and tests with bundled pricing and warranties through QualityPath® and other network providers, including Twin Cities Orthopedics in Minnesota and NOVO Health in Appleton, Wis.
- Vendor Partnerships: Strategic partnerships – for pharmacy, dental, vision, workers’ compensation and more – add value to your health benefits.
- Flexibility: You can design a plan to match the needs of your employees and your organization.
- Support: A dedicated team of self-funding experts are available to answer your questions and guide you to self-funding success.