How many investors does the Eau Claire Chamber have?
Currently, the Eau Claire Chamber has approximately 1,100 investors.
Is the Chamber made up of only large businesses?
72% of the members have less than 25 employees.
Does the Chamber receive any funding from the government?
Other than dues from government investors, the Chamber does not receive any type of
funding from the government.
How does the Chamber generate its revenue?
Less than 50% of the Chamber’s revenue is generated from investor dues. The remaining revenue comes from various programs and sponsorships.
Do investors have to actively volunteer?
Only 20% of Chamber investor representatives are active volunteers.
Since our company doesn’t do business in the area, why should we become investors?
Over the past years, the Chamber has been instrumental in working on key issues affecting the business community in the Chippewa Valley. Without the support of our investors, this could not be done.
- Assisted with passage of ECASD referendum (1999)
- State computer tax exemption on business computers (2000)
- Storm water utility fee reduction (2000)
- Advocated the .5% county sales tax increase for property tax relief (2000)
- Advocated the passage of the Downtown Redevelopment Plan (2004)
- Highway 53 bypass (2007)
- Advocated for members on the Eau Claire electronic sign ordinance (2008)
- Provided support for the construction of Pablo Center at the Confluence (2018)
How are investor dues calculated?
Investor dues are based on consistent value and impactful opportunities. Currently we offer 5 Investor Tier Levels to choose from. Investors can choose one of the 5 levels offered, that best fits their business model. Each level has more value as investment increases. The higher the level, the more value the business will receive.
Our business is quite small and thus, there isn’t time to attend networking events. What other benefits are there for businesses?
Although some of the Chamber’s member see great benefit from networking events, there are others that never attend the events but take advantage of a variety of other benefits that come along with investment at no additional charge:
- Telephone referrals by the Chamber
- Referrals from website directory listings under three business categories
- Referrals to your business’s web site from the online Chamber business directory
- Exposure for your business on the Chamber website via Investor News
- Market your business by posting your events on the community calendar on the Chamber’s website
- Market your business by accepting Chamber Buy Local Bucks
- Market your business through a ribbon cutting or groundbreaking ceremony
- Opportunity to attend certain events/seminars at no charge
- Opportunity to post job openings on the Chamber’s online Job Board