How many investors does the Eau Claire Chamber have?
On a consistent basis, the Eau Claire Chamber has over 1,000 investors representing over 40,000 employees.
Why do you refer to "members" as "investors"? When you invest your dollars with us, you are truly "investing" in your business community by supporting our mission with the emphasis on our "Four Pillars": Advocacy, Education, Investor Engagement and Workforce.
Is the Chamber made up of only large businesses?
No, in fact 67% of our Chamber investors have less than 25 employees.
Does the Chamber receive any funding from the government?
Other than dues from government investors, the Chamber does not receive any type of
funding from the government.
How does the Chamber generate its revenue?
Less than 50% of the Chamber’s revenue is generated from investor dues. The remaining revenue comes from various events, programs and sponsorships.
Do investors have to actively volunteer?
Only 25% of Chamber investor representatives are active volunteers. You can support the Chamber in many ways, not just volunteering.
Why should we become investors?
The Chamber started in 1915, and over the past many years, the Chamber has been instrumental in working on key issues affecting the business community in the Chippewa Valley. Without the support of our investors, this could not be done.
- The Pablo Center at the Confluence project completion (2018-2019)
- Advocated for members on the Eau Claire electronic sign ordinance (2008)
- Highway 53 bypass (2007)
- Advocated the passage of the Downtown Redevelopment Plan (2004)
- State computer tax exemption on business computers (2000)
- Storm water utility fee reduction (2000)
- Advocated the .5% county sales tax increase for property tax relief (2000)
- Assisted with passage of ECASD referendum (1999)
- The Chippewa Valley Rally - Annual visit to Madison to discuss local challenges with state decision-makers.
How are investor dues calculated?
Investor dues are based on consistent value and impactful opportunities. Currently we offer 6 investor tier levels to choose from. Investors can choose one of the 6 levels offered, that best fits their business model. Each level has more value as investment increases. The higher the level, the more value the business will receive.
Our business is quite small and thus, there isn’t time to attend networking events. What other benefits are there for businesses?
Although some of the Chamber’s member see great benefit from networking events, there are others that never attend the events but take advantage of a variety of other benefits that come along with investment at no additional charge:
- Telephone referrals by the Chamber
- Search engine optimization is strong with Google
- Referrals from website directory listings
- Referrals to your business’s web site from the online Chamber business directory - one click
- Exposure for your business on the Chamber website via Investor News
- Market your business by posting your events on the community calendar on the Chamber’s website
- Market your business by accepting Chamber Buy Local Bucks
- Market your business through a ribbon cutting or groundbreaking ceremony
- Opportunity to attend certain events/seminars at no charge
- Opportunity to post job openings on the Chamber’s online Job Board