Junior Achievement of Wisconsin Northwest and the Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce are teaming up for multiple JA in a Day events! JA in a Day is a high impact way to deliver JA's lessons for a particular grade level all on the same day. Some schools choose to have every grade receive JA programming on the same day. JA in a Day events are a unique opportunity as it offers volunteers a great option to get involved with Junior Achievement without juggling schedule conflicts or long-term commitments.
- Northstar Middle School: November 13, 2023 Classroom Site & November 14, 2023 Employer Site Visit
- Altoona Middle School: February 15, 2024
- DeLong Middle School: February 21, 2024
- South Middle School: March 6, 2024
The classroom site event portion will run from about 7:30am-11:30am on each date.
Volunteers Needed Include:
Classroom Instructors- Will teach a short lesson to the students that follow our curriculum and work sheets.
- Middle School JA: It's My Future--Career Paths, Clusters and High Growth Careers and Soft Skills
Middle School Curriculum-- https://jausa.ja.org/dA/ab25240af2/file/2023-JAID-JAIMF%20Program%20Overview.pdf
Keynote speaker-Opens the day with discussing your career and the steps to achieve success.
Career Fair Expo Booth- Area business will set up an interactive booth for students.
Entrepreneur Panel- Local business owners discuss topics and questions led by a moderator.
Employers Site Visits
Dates and times are subject to change based on school schedules. If you sign up and there is a change you will be notified directly.
Employer Site Expections:
1. Showcase of Organization/Industry
2. An interactive experience for middle school students
3. Emphasize imprtance of being in the Chippewa Valley
*Note: Not all businesses may be selected for tours due to location and travel time for students. Some businesses may be considered alternates for tours in case of an emergency. We do try to focus on businesses in the Eau Claire and Altoona area, but are willing to accommodate those in the immediate surrounding areas due to travel time. If this change impacts you, you will be notified directly.