What It Is All About
Leadership Eau Claire™ (LEC) combines leadership skill building with community education. During the nine-month program, participants get a bird’s-eye view of the issues facing the community, begin developing the leadership skills necessary to assume leadership roles and are exposed to involvement opportunities in the community. Leadership Eau Claire™ is unlike other programs because it provides a catalyst for community vision and change – it builds a better tomorrow for all of us.
How the Program Works
Participants attend a two-day opening retreat, seven one-day sessions and a closing retreat over a nine-month period.
The eight one-day sessions are held on the third or fourth Thursday each month from August through May from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
LEC Class of 2023 Program Days take place on the following dates:
- Opening Retreat: Thursday August 25 - Friday August 26, 2022
- Agriculture & Environment Day: Thursday September 22, 2022
- Government & Law Day: Thursday October 20, 2022
- Arts & Tourism Day: Thursday November 10, 2022
- History & Culture Day: Thursday December 8, 2022
- Volunteerism & Human Services Day: Thursday January 12, 2023
- Education Day: Thursday February 9, 2023
- Health & Quality of Life Day: Thursday March 16, 2023
- Business & Industry Day: Thursday April 13, 2023
- Weather Contingency Day (use if needed): Thursday May 4, 2023
- Leadership Eau Claire™ Graduation Day: Thursday May 25, 2023
Each session offers a hands-on experience and a unique opportunity to interact with community leaders.
The program begins with an overnight retreat in northern Wisconsin where attendees participate in a number of networking and team-building activities designed to demonstrate the dynamics of effective leadership. It concludes with a closing retreat where participants give a presentation to other class members on their group projects.
What Participants Will Gain
Many graduates find that this training taps something in them that they didn’t know existed. Today, they are contributing to vital areas of the community including public office, business, arts, social services and community civic organizations.
Participants will gain from Leadership Eau Claire™:
- A far greater understanding and perspective of the community.
- Knowledge of their personal strategies and how to utilize them.
- Improved leadership skills.
- Improved decision-making skills.
- A new network of professionals.
- Enhanced confidence.
- Unparalleled learning opportunities.
- A passion to improve our community.
- Instills community trusteeship understanding.
What Employers Will Gain
Many employers derive multiple benefits from their investment in Leadership Eau Claire™. Often the involvement of their employees in LEC paves the way for future cooperative efforts.
The valuable training benefits employers in many ways. Leadership Eau Claire™:
- Builds leaders that contribute to their organizations.
- Identifies employees’ strengths and how to work well with others.
- Provides professional networking opportunities.
- Helps employees develop greater personal vision.
- Offers exposure for companies.
- Reinforces skills and imparts knowledge to participants.
- Improves employees’ vision for “big picture” thinking.
- Provides a package of cost-effective, efficient training.
- Enhances problem-solving skills.
Leadership Eau Claire™ (LEC) participants are required to participate in a group project. The class is divided into teams, which throughout the year work with a community non-profit organization to complete a service project. The process is monitored by the LEC Executive Committee. Download a list of group projects.