About Youth Apprenticeship
Key elements of the youth apprenticeship program are:
How to Become a Youth Apprentice
How do I become a youth apprentice?
1. Get Prepared & apply
Get started by talking to your school counselor, Youth Apprenticeship Local Coordinator or Regional Coordinator about how to apply and obtain career materials (plans of study) from your coordinators.
2. Interview with employers and companies in chosen industries
If accepted, you are eligible to interview at a company in the industry where you're looking to gain experience.
3. Participate in all employer orientations, onboardings, and safety trainings
After a successful interview, you will participate in an onsite orientation where, among many other things, you will get to meet your new mentor.
4. Participate in regular progress reviews
Complete your industry specific YA requirements as you work and study during your apprenticeship.
5. Complete industry specific classroom and worksite YA requirements.
Once all your requirements are fulfilled, you will receive your Certificate of Occupational Proficiency (YA certificate) from the Department of Workforce Development!
If you are interested in becoming a Youth Apprentice, please fill out the following form:
If you have any questions regarding the YA process, becoming a YA, etc. contact your YA coordinator:
- Doug Devine, email@example.com North High School (Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator)
- Kelly Hebert, firstname.lastname@example.org Memorial High School (Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator)
- Heidi Neumannkneeland, email@example.com (Academic Services Coordinator)
- John Goodman, firstname.lastname@example.org Fall Creek Schools (Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator)
- Kelly Ostrander, email@example.com Altoona Schools (Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator)